// BLOW Photo Book Residency
do you have a story to tell?
Are you working on a project that you would like to publish one day? Then the BLOW Photo Book Residency is a perfect opportunity for you!
BLOW Photo in partnership with D-Light Studios is launching an exciting opportunity for a photographer to receive a free three-month studio space and mentoring throughout. The recipient will finish the 3 month residency with a professionally edited and printed photo book!
The successful applicant will receive:
- Free three month access to D-Light Studios with allocated desk space in D-Light’s Office
- Potential Dark Room access
- Mentoring from BLOW’s Editors & Plus Print Director
- Photo Book printed by Plus Print
- A feature on BLOW Photo & D-Light Studios website
- Regular Social Media Promotion of project development
- Free entry to D-Light Studios events
Who can apply?
The purpose of this Residency Award is to facilitate the development of a talented and dedicated individual.
This opportunity is open to any photographer or artist using the medium of photography that is looking to develop his/her work.
We ask that applicants consider if the completion of their proposed project and photo book is feasible within the three month time-frame. Applicants must submit a project proposal including details of project timeline.
BLOW Photo founded in 2010, was created to promote and support photography through publications, talks, workshops, exhibitions and educational events.
Over the years BLOW Photo have been discovering and sharing fine art photography in our BLOW Photo Magazine publication.
BLOW has published 16 issues, showcasing almost 300 photographers, exhibited Irish work at major European photography fairs and festivals including Paris Photo, Unseen, London Art Fair, The European Month of Photography in Berlin, collaborated with Southeast Museum of Photography in Florida and most recently with Hamburg Triennial.
BLOW was awarded the Overall Print of the Year Award 2010 and 2013 at the Irish Print Awards. It was also nominated for a LUCIE Award, in the best photography magazine of 2013, 2014 and 2015 category.
D-Light Studios is a creative multimedia and multifunctional space in the heart of Dublin City.
Plus Print, award-winning printing house offers you the best printing solutions currently available.
- This three-month residency opportunity will begin on the 3rd September 2018 and conclude on the 30th of November 2018
- Applications will close at midnight on Monday 6th August 2018
- Applicants must be available for shortlist interviews between the 13th – 17th August 2018